Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunset at Tanjung Lipat, Sabah, Malaysia

Sabah is blessed with great sunsets with an abundance of places to get wonderful colours in the evening. It is an opportunity as well to test the RX100 Mark 2 and see what it can deliver. I seldom go out nowadays because most of my time are for my baby girl. Together with my good friend and fellow Sony shooter Fareez, we head out to Tanjung Lipat one fine evening.

I have not purchase a filter kit for my camera. Sony does sell a snap-on filter kit which costs RM 99.00. Thought of getting that but since I think I will only use it occasionally, I put the purchase on hold.

Without a proper filter kit, what did I do? Handheld filter of course! I put the camera on tripod and held the filter in front of the lens. I borrowed the ND10 filter. The RX100 however only allows aperture up to f11.

f11, 10 sec, iso 100

 f10, 8 sec, iso 100

 f8, 10 sec, 1/1125

f8, 10 sec, iso200

Played around with the filter and got multiple-exposure alike! 

No comments:

Post a Comment