Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Portrait session with RX100M2

The main reason why I bought the Mark 2 over Mark 3 is due to the hotshoe. I love playing with lights and obviously Mark 2 is the only one having it from all the RX100 series. Unlike its Alpha brother however, RX100s do not support wireless flash out of the box, or with its pop-up flash so I used triggers instead.

A friend who is an up and coming local singer asked me for a photoshoot when I was in Kuching for Christmas last December. We did a similar shoot for his first album previously and I used my a77 with two flashes personally I think we did great. Found a great location and using the two Sony flashes fired wirelessly I was able to capture nice photos of him.

All photos taken with a77, 35mm 1.8 and two Sony flashes with the help of the morning sunlight. 






Then, last December he requested for a night photoshoot. I had already sold the a77 and my lenses so I borrowed Pixel Soldiers trigger and receivers and a Yongnuo flash to use with the RX100. I wished I had another flash unit but none was available so we had to make do with one.






Personally I'm not satisfied with the shots I took because of the time constraint and we didn't have much time to recce for more places. I do think another flashgun will bring more 'colours' to these shots. There's still time for another photoshoot anyway and I do hope I can do more with the little cam.

No comments:

Post a Comment