Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jennifer at Kuching Amphiteather (Nex-3 + Vivitar 135 f2.8 M42)

This portrait session was done during Gawai holidays. She's a friend of a good friend, and a nice gal to work with. The initial plan was to have her to wear a Bidayuh's traditional costume, but we changed to a casual photoshoot because the costume wasn't available at that time.

I used the Vivitar 135mm f2.8 a lot for this session to get that nice bokeh background. Eventhough the Nex's screen is clear enough to determine sharp focus, but the amount of time taken to achieve that sometimes a bit cumbersome for me. Pity Jen that she sometimes has to stay in one position a bit longer just to wait for me to get the focus right. But, that's about to change soon as Sony will released a new firmware that comes with 'peaking' function. That particular function will help focusing with manual lenses easier. I will write about that once I installed the new firmware this June 20th.



















135mm on Nex's APS-C sensor is tight, and I don't think I would use this lens often for portraits if I do own one. Most of the shots I got are from the waist up. A 50mm would be suitable, and that's why I just gotten myself another m42 lens, the Carl Zeiss Jenna 50mm f1.8. Can't wait to see how it performs.

2 comments:

  1. Bab gambar portrait tuk aku surrender pok hehehe... Salute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eh pok. Lamak sine nemu...apa cerita tek?

    ReplyDelete