Thursday, June 2, 2011

Gawai Holidays

It's the middle of the year, where I'm back to my hometown to celebrate Gawai. This time my sister won't be joining us as she's taking care of her baby in KL, so that means, extra chores to do! Not forgetting that my holidays is cut short, no thanks to the extra classes next week.

Anyway, my camera is currently fitted with a M42 lens, the Vivitar 135mm f2.8 to be exact. I have been experimenting with manual focusing prime lenses recently and the easiest, or rather cheap way to get some nice primes are from M42 mounts. This pristine Vivitar belongs to a friend of mine, and I'm testing it before deciding to get a copy for myself.

So far, so good. I used f4 most of the time and with the clear, sharp screen of Nex, manual focusing is a breeze.



How it looks like with the M42-Nex adapter.



Here's some sample shots.













I guess I should browse for M42's lenses now.

No comments:

Post a Comment