Tuesday, May 24, 2011

2011 DBKK Kaamatan Festival - Sony Alpha Challenge



It's May, and the annual cultural event, Kaamatan is just around the corner. And on the 12 May, Sony Malaysia collaborated with Dewan Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu (DBKK) for the Kaamatan Festival held at Lintasan Deasoka, Kota Kinabalu. For this event, Sony organised a photo challenge of its Alpha camera users, whereby DBKK has provided some media pass for us to use.

I am one from a bunch of friends who registered for the event. Part of the excitement came from the prize offered to the best photo. It is a Sony DVD player and top 5 finalist will get Sony premium gifts.


Rungus traditional costume.




So much composure...


This is one of the few photos I submitted and it was selected to be one of the finalist!

The prize-giving ceremony was held at Karamunsing complex last Sunday, in conjunction with the Sony carnival. I didn't get the DVD player though, but received a nice, big umbrella and this book.


It featured photos from a photo contest with the 'soccer' theme in mind in conjunction with the 2010 Fifa World cup.



This aside...I just received a good news which lifted up my enthusiasm in photography. A travel magazine based in Brunei are interested in some of my photos and currently I'm editing the photos before submitting those to them. I can say that their offer is just nice for an amateur like me. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment