Friday, March 27, 2009

The long and winding road...



I'm at home now in Bau, Sarawak. Just reached here around 9 pm, after driving for almost 12 hours from Miri. I started my journey yesterday from Lawas, spent a night in Miri before continuing my journey. School? I applied for a leave. :D.

Anyway, I'm back because I'm driving home my parent's Proton Saga or as my cousins would called it the Tank. It's gonna be sold off soon as my brother bought his own car. I can say my journey was a little bit terrible. Just as I thought driving home during weekdays will be jam-free especially at Limbang-Brunei border, I got stuck for almost three hours. The Malaysian Immigration Dept. has set up 3 booths(thanks to the newly built complex), but after that comes the Brunei Immigration which opened only 2. I can stand the jam, but I can't stand idiots who jumped queue. Really hope that one day Brunei government will build a new immigration complex there. Better and faster service, everybody from both countries will benefit.



Next, our roads. Haih! I'm having backache now as the result of the uneven surfaces. The worst would be Bintulu to Sibu. My previous rims bent all over and I had two tyres 'swollen' at the sides because of potholes and hidden 'bumps'. I drive slowly mind you, but some bumps are really hard on my Kenari. No doubt maintanance are made, but how can you expect a pothole on a nicely resurfaced roads? Maybe it's true that sometimes accidents do not caused by human error, but by our road conditions. Not everybody can manouvre a car away from danger without being panic. Even the once newly built Miri-Bintulu coastal highway was nice, but all in a sudden there's a lot of hidden bumps. I've seen a few 'Fall Guy' car acts because the driver did not aware of such bumps. But thankfully, most of the bumps have been resurfaced to make it flatter.

Lastly, some lorry drivers drove like there's no tomorrow. It's clearly stated at the back of the lorries their limit speed, but I saw a few reaching almost 100km/h. That's fast for a big size lorry. Imagine trying to stop the lorry in case there's an emergency ahead. Chaos could happen in an instant. At an instant I remembered this song...

Where have all the soldiers gone?
Long time passing
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Long time ago
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Gone to graveyards every one
When will they ever learn?
When will they ever learn?

Going to sleep now. I'm going back to KK tomorrow night. Thank God my journey is a safe one.

No comments:

Post a Comment