Sunday, March 22, 2009

Trying out Minolta 70-210mm f4

Last week I hooked up with fellow Alpha user for a short street photoshoot. We met during the recent Sony workshop in KK and he brought along one of my wishlist lens, the Minolta 70-210mm f4 or commonly called the 'beercan'. It is solidly built, quite heavy, the size and shape looks like a can of beer hence the given name. It was produced in 1985. Despite the weight, I love this lens because of Minolta's well known bokeh, sharpness and colours. Thanks to ryzan for lending out his lens during our photoshoot, my first on this legendary lens. Photos were taken around KK waterfront and Jalan Gaya.



















This used lens now priced roughly around RM950 or more depending on the condition of it. Prices have increased over the years due to its characteristics and it's ability to maintain constant f4 aperture along the focal length. Can't wait to get mine, but due to my limited budget, I think I need to sell off some my my personal belongings first. :(

p/s...I'm tired and need to sleep soon. Slept in 2 hotels and an inn last week, attending my semi big day and enjoying my weekend in KK. Will blog about all of that soon. Till now, enjoy the coming weekend. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment