Monday, March 23, 2009

The Palace Hotel, Kota Kinabalu



Formerly known as Berjaya Palace Hotel, The Palace Hotel is currently going through a renovation process which will transform it into one of the nice and cosy hotel to look out for when you're in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. Everything from the lobby area up to the guest rooms, details have been upgraded to make your stay a memorable one. It is situated within walking distance to Karamunsing Complex and the main police station. The hotel itself resembles a big fort, situated on a small hill surrounded with trees.


The reception area.


Lobby with LCD Tv for guest's viewing pleasure.


The facelifted lift. Nice blue-lit buttons and a display which shows Cuti-cuti Malaysia songs.

I had a pleasant stay there. I had the karaoke lounge all for myself(it was weekdays anyway...:D). The songs selections are good, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are also served and the sound system was nice and clear. There are rooms for smokers and non smokers. Wifi is available too.

Breakfast is okay. There are selections of dim sums, cakes, salads and local dishes such as nasi lemak, porridge and chicken curry. My only comment is that it would take some time for the waiters and waitresses to fill up the empty food containers. Maybe it's just that particular day, but I waited for almost 20 minutes for the potato wedges to be served. It's just around 8.30 in the morning and I'm sure there were more guests who haven't come down and have their meals.


The Tangerine.

The guest rooms got a fresh new look. Red and white combination kinda remind me of Tune hotels. But nevertheless, the layout is better with generous space. LCD TV adds a nice touch to the whole room. My main concern is the sound insulation in the room. The one I stayed in had two doors which leads to the other two adjacent rooms. During midnight I can hear quite clearly guests from both rooms laughing and talking to each other. It might caused some discomfort to other guests especially the elders. Hopefully the hotel management can rectify this soon. What I did was stuffing some towels into the door gap, and the noise is minimal.


The red and white bed colour scheme.


Sliding cabinet.


LCD Tv. Saves space!


Showers. My room doesn't come with bathtub.


Ample surrounding space to finish the 'business'.


Coffee and tea making facilities.

Would I stay there next time? Yes, and hopefully the pool and the room near the lobby which looks like a free internet station will be opened later. That will make my stay even more pleasant.





No comments:

Post a Comment