Friday, June 18, 2010

Kokol revisited

I have ample free time during this school holidays, but still I don't have time for my blog. Part of the reason is that I don't have any lenses. So I bought a used kit lens while saving up before getting a better lens for my coming trip. Btw, did I mention that I'm going to Singapore this coming September? No I didn't. My wifey and I just bought our tickets plus accomodation via AirAsia's Go for a four days, three nights trip. The main thing that sparked our intentions was when we saw Universal Studios Singapore on TV. Time to meet Shrek in person. Hehehe. FYI, the tickets and accomodation costs RM13++. Good enough in my opinion.

Anyway, my friends and I went to Kokol again last Thursday to capture the sunrise. Unfortunately, it was very misty that we couldn't get a glimpse of Mount Kinabalu. I borrowed Maha's Tamron 17-50 f2.8 for this outing.


It was cold too!

With nothing much left to see, I shot some floras and crazy friends in action. Besides, it's Maha's last day in Sabah as he got transferred to another place.






I like this shot the most.


This is where Sony's fast live view(in this case A550) comes handy compared to my obsolete A700.


Another 'useful' technique to take photos. Very low on the ground.


Can do without live view too, but after a few shots. :D


Whatever it takes just for that right photo.



Lastly, I just sold my seven-year old Kenari which has served me very well. It was quite a difficult decision to make but I need to make way for other things. How time flies. I still remember the how I felt when I bought it as it was my first car. Hopefully I don't need to sell the new car when I finish paying it in six years time. Who knows what will happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment