Thursday, June 24, 2010

Nokia 6110 Navigator

It was quite a hot day, at least for me today. We had photo-taking sessions for this year's magazine. Luckilly my colleague helped me with it. Two teachers with camera taking photos under the hot sun. Last year, I did it in the school hall but the photos weren't good because of insufficient lights so we resorted getting everyone out. Today was actually my first time using the camera's wireless remote. It was really handy for the group photo that includes me. I don't have to set the camera on timer and run to pose before the camera fires. Besides that, I can do this!


Camwhoring?

It came to my mind that actually I don't need to buy a new camera, or an UWA lens for my trip to Singapore. I was thinking of getting the Samsung's twin LCD camera or the UWA as it's easier to frame both of us while I hold the camera. As it's only the two of us going, I would love to have my friends with us so that they can help us taking photos(with the nice background of Singapore landmarks) but sadly none available. With the remote however, I could just put the camera on tripod, compose, walk to my wife and just press the shutter button. A bit less hassle than using the timer. I could take my time to think about posing.

Besides thinking of getting a new camera or lens for the trip, I bought myself a used phone, the Nokia 6110 Navigator for RM350 at Centre Point. I have been a fan of Sony Ericsson before, and Motorola which was my first phone. My last Nokia phone was a 6600 that I used back in 2004. So, what is so special about this camera?


It's a slide phone. I love the colours!


Dedicated volume and camera button.




2-megapixel camera and a very LOUD stereo speakers.


Albeit marked with scratches, those words spells a feature that I want for the trip. GPS!


My Singapore map in a nice, small package.

I could be better equipped with a proper Garmin GPS unit, but I rather have a 'multi-tasking' item. I could browse for nice places to go visiting or popular eateries when I'm there. To makes things sweeter, I bought new, original battery, headphones and an emergency AA charger. Using the GPS will drain the battery faster so the emergency charger will come in very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment