Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Green Connection

I was surprised when I heard about a new aquarium/ecopark located in Kota Kinabalu. Out of curiosity, my wife and I drove to that place which is located at Lorong Burung Matahari 2, Likas. You won't miss the junction as there's a big banner located in the middle of the main roads. It has been opened for five months now.

The entrance fee was RM15. I would suggest fellow dslr users to bring along CPL filters. Some of the animals there are kept inside glass containers so the filter will help to cut the reflection from the glasses. I don't have any CPL filters yet so the reflections are obvious in some photos.

This place houses a collection of fresh and seawater fishes, plus some animals and educational learning areas too. A very good place for students to learn more about nature.








Souvenier shops inside the main building.








You can make friends with snakes. Small size...


or big one!






The deadly stonefish.


Nemo!


One big aquarium tank which houses various aquatic animals.







No comments:

Post a Comment