Thursday, October 1, 2009

A different kind of spa

What would you do if you are surrounded by not tens, but hundreds of fishes?

A) Run away like a chicken.
B) Scream...maaaamaaaa!
C) Stay put and enjoy the moment.

If C is your answer, then do make a visit to Kampung Luanti, Ranau. It is located around 131km from Kota Kinabalu, and is situated just beside Sabah Tea farm. The river here, called Sungai Moroli houses specially trained fishes called ikan Pelian(Malaysian Mahseer) for massaging and healing purposes.




Look for this fish statue to locate the village.


'Tagal' means no fishing.


The counter.] to pay for the fees and get the fish pellets.









These fishes will suck your bodyparts, and in the process will remove those dead skin, leaving it soft and supple. As for me, I can only put my feet in the water as I can't stand the tinglish sensation when the fishes swarm around. I couldn't imagine how would it feel if I'm in the water.




Come to mama...

You would need to pay Rm5 for feet therapy, or Rm10 for whole body(swimming with the fishes) for a 15-minutes session. To get the fishes to come to you, fish pellets is sold at the counter.







I don't think I can do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment