Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tip of Borneo / Simpang Mengayau

A trip to Kudat would not be complete without a visit to the Tip of Borneo /Simpang Mengayau. It is located about 20 minutes drive from Kudat town. My last visit was about two years ago, and now I can see new chalets being built there. This place can be developed into a nice resort area because of its lush surroundings and blue sea waters.

Apart from that, I can see new resting / picnicking huts built along the beach, with big space for camping and barbecuing. Toilets and fresh tap water can be obtain at a nearby restaurant located within walking distance from the beach.


A panoramic overview of the beach and the sea.






The pathway to the rocks below.


The rocks below. Advisable to go during low tide.







The cars that participated in this trip.

Then we had a bbq session at the beach.


Freshly bbq-ed corns with butter, YUMMY!



I tried my friend's beercan here. Result was very good. Everything was on f4. :D







Don't forget to catch the sunrise here, one of the best I've ever seen. But, I did not take any though. Why?




I'm tired of sunrise lol! Better to sweat and be healthy. Wifey took this hence the different watermark.

2 comments:

  1. I have been there....Lost but found at last!! What a nice view there.... http://globalizeddayung.blogspot.com/2010/10/lost-to-simpang-mengayau.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. now no more lost. Just get a GPS unit and you're good to go! :D

    ReplyDelete