Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Sony Alpha, the journey continues

It's been a while since I last updated my blog. Been doing a lot of thinking lately and the never ending streams of school work that I'm working on right now.

When I decided to buy the twin kit Alpha A200 last year, I said to myself that it would save me a lot because I have the short 18-70mm for my normal walkaround and the 75-300mm for zooming. Fast foward a few months and I have myself the Minolta 50mm which costs me RM500 and another Rm550 for the F42 flash. Both purchases were beneficial, exposing me to new techniques and skills.



After I covered Pan and Grace's wedding ceremony and helping Daniel with his cd album cover, I couldn't help but wondering if a fast lens would bring better photos and possibilities. The A200 twin kit lense was good, but not fast enough for dimly-lit areas. The 75-300mm was sharp mostly during sunny days.





So I decided to sell my 75-300mm lens soon. I was thinking of acquiring f2.8 lenses. Sony or Zeiss lenses are superb, but buying third party lenses can save me some money for another lens too. No wonder they say that this hobby is expensive. You can't get enough of everything. Tried a friend's 70-200mm f2.8 Sigma was a poison I couldn't resist. Might be getting a 17-50mm too, or the Tammy Sp90mm, or the Minolta beercan. Sigh! I still can't make up my mind. And lastly, the Sony F58 cobra flash. The best flash there is for the system. Hopefully I can get it all sorted out by next week. Can't wait!



By the way, I'm selling the lens for Rm500. Any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment