Thursday, April 2, 2009

When we were younger...

Being young was fun. Being young was when you don't have to think about what working adults have to endure now. Being young was the time when you do crazy stuffs, but somehow you might or might not regret it later. Hehe.

Anyway, I found out an old video of my band playing as the guest band at a 'battle of the band' competition in Sibu, Sarawak. This was back in 2004, when we're still new, a little unknown to the Sarawak music scene. We called ourselves Dragorion, taken from the name Dragon and Orion. We played in a few gigs, made few songs but sadly, due to the distance (I was working in Lawas, the rest are in Kuching) we didn't make it far. As from my previous post , Daniel(lead guitar) is now with the band Ethnic Transmissions, a well-known Iban pop-rock outfit. Besides that, he and his brother Norman(bass) formed another rock band Stoic4Life, currently recording materials for their maiden album. Ethnic Transmissions music vids can be found at youtube and they are now into their second album.

Enjoy the videos ya. It consists of snippets of all the bands that competed that night. We played Highway Star, originally by Deep Purple. Henderson on vocals, and I'm right there at the back, hitting the drums.



Right now I'm semi-retiring from playing music. More to photography and travelling. I can't remember when was the last time I play my drums. It's been sitting in my room collecting dust. My 'Les Paul' inspired guitar shared the same fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment